To receive timely notification any time the fresh thee update is ready, you have to go to Envato Toolkit and insert your Themeforest username and API Key. You may find more information about API Key here.
When you receive the update notification, you may upload zip archive of the theme.
Make sure, that you’ve created a dump base before the updating, just in case.
Then go to Appearance > Themes and activate the default WordPress theme. Open the details of the theme you need to update and click ‘Delete’. After it’s deleted you may ‘Add New’ theme in the same section. Select ‘Upload’ and the recent zip archive. After the theme is successfully installed you have to activate it and it’s ready to use again.
Note, to update Ronneby theme, go to Envato Toolkit in admin panel. After you save your username and API key you’ll see the themes you have and if the update is available.
Note, in case you’ve done any files modification, make sure you have their copies to upload them to the theme once again after the update.
Also, don’t be afraid of theme update. It won’t hurt your site information (posts, pages, etc.) as far as it’s saved at the other place. After all, you may create dump base (as we’ve mentioned previously) to be sure everything will be fine with your content.
Before updating the theme we highly recommend you to export your theme options in order to be able to import them back after theme update.
You can accomplish this by following the next steps:
1. Navigate to Theme options > Import/Export Section.
2. Navigate to Export Section > and click on ‘Download Data File’ button.
The file in .json format will be downloaded on your PC.
3. After theme update, navigate Theme options > Import/Export Section > Import> click on ‘Import from file” button and upload the file with the theme options you’ve exported.
4. Save your theme options.
This will help you to keep your settings and not to lose them after update.
There is also another way to update your theme. It can be accomplished via FTP.
1. Access the server WordPress folders any convenient way (CPanel or any FTP-client).
2. You’ll see the list of wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes folders and files.
Access the wp-content\themes\ronneby folder and copy the theme files to it.
3. Please, rename the existing Ronneby theme folder (e.g. ronneby-old).
You can also copy this folder on your PC.
4. Then, unzip the ronneby.zip archive on your computer and then simply drag-n-drop the ronneby folder to wp-content\themes\ folder.
In such a way you’ll back up the existing theme folder and you’ll be sure you won’t lose any content.
If after theme update to 2.0.6 version, you have issues with footer section applying, please try to go to theme options > Main Options section > Generate dynamic styles file and set it to ON and resave theme options.
If you have any difficulties with theme update or you need our assistance, please, mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with our support and assistance.
DFD Support Team